Commonly used to produce films are nylon 11, nylon 12, nylon 6 and nylon 66. Nylon 6 is formed by ring-opening polymerization of caprolactam, and nylon 66 is formed by polycondensation of diamine and dibasic acid.
The properties of nylon film are closely related to the raw material of the film, stretch orientation or not and the multiple of stretch orientation. But no matter what kind of nylon film, they have excellent oil resistance, cold resistance, strength and toughness.
- General properties of nylon film
- Nylon film is a film of great strength and toughness, with good tensile strength, elongation, tear strength and wear resistance.
- Excellent resistance to acupuncture.
- Excellent low temperature characteristics, a wide range of use temperature, from -60℃ to 150 ~ 200℃.
- Excellent oil resistance, organic solvent resistance, drug resistance and alkali resistance.
- It has certain air resistance.
- The flow nylon sheet with good formability and non-bidirectional stretching is especially easy to vacuum forming.
- Not easy to generate static electricity.
- Good printing, easy to vacuum evaporation plating.